Monday, May 13, 2013

March 11th



I had a good week, and it came from my hard-work. I worked insanely hard. We biked like 15 miles everyday haha. Mountains too. We are killing it. 12 new investigators, 15 last week, 11 investigators at sacrament, 142 people went to church, last Sunday was 94. That's the highest attendance in a couple of years.

Stats are good, but the weeks are going by insanely fast! It finally rained today! And I found a white hair on my head. Like white. So dad, I'm catching up to you! I haven't been transferred! and I'm still training here in Cabangan.

We did a service project this morning. I got to machete down bamboo for a wedding. That was awesome. Filipinos don't usually let people serve them so that was literally my first service project in the Philippines.

A very crucial part of missionary work is prayer, and most importantly praying to have questions answered. Questions like is the Book of Mormon true, or what church should I join, or is this church true. This last Tuesday we had the most spiritual lesson about the Book of Mormon I have ever seen or been a part of. I talked with the gift of tongues with the most pure accent I've ever spake and I was directed by the spirit, I bare witness. At the end of the lesson while I was praying I asked our Father in heaven if the Book of Mormon was true with our investigator at the end of the lesson and a millisecond after I asked the holy ghost filled my whole body. I can honestly say I felt every feeling described in Galatians 5:22-23, and when the prayer was over our investigator was crying and was full of the spirit, she knows it was true. When someone came to shop at her store she told them to go to the store next door without taking her eyes off ours. This is my new testimony of the spirit, and the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. By the fruits of the prophets we can Identify the truthfulness, the Book of Mormon is that fruit, and Its true. I know that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet as well as I will know when I see him in the afterlife. I also know that this is the true church preparatory for the 2nd coming of the Savior. It comes swiftly, and like a theif in the night. So get ready and abound in good works and listen to the advice of the Prophets. Because this church is true.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment