Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week 8

So today was an amazing day. After the temple at 6:30 an elder in our zones mother got converted while he was in the MTC. I've been waiting to tell you this story until it actually happened. So his mom, after years and years of rejecting the missionaries was converted and was wanting to get baptized from her son (the Antoigues). They are from Guam, but now in Texas the past 6 years. So the missionary teaching his mom in Texas called the Mission Training Center president, president Brown and asked if her son who is in the MTC could baptize her. and they got permission!! And he is leaving in 6 days!! The baptism was today and it was all just a miracle. The 2 witnesses were the 2 fathers of the missionaries who converted her in Texas! Their families were there and the missionary who converted elder Antoigue was here too because he's from Provo! He got converted less than 2 years ago from being strong in the Catholic Church. Its such a miracle to see families become eternal. His dad is very stubborn and would reject the missionaries but guess what!! He came to watch! Me and 3 elders from New Zealand (Harris, Tipene, and Smiler) sang "When I am Baptized" from the children's handbook and "polyfied" it. haha! It was beautiful and we added key changes and everything, it was seriously beautiful. But the most special part of it all was when he baptized her in the primary room with all 100 elders and sisters in our zone there. When he said in the name of the Father, Son, And the Holy Ghost I could feel each separate spirit enter into my body and I know that the spirit was there. The most amazing part was when she came straightway out of the water and they cried with exceeding joy. I've never felt the spirit so strong in my life and after this baptism he bore his testimony to everyone with the greatest spirit I have witnessed and I bore a 10 minute testimony to his father about our true church and our plan of happiness and that there family can be together forever and I know that his father felt the spirit and I will get back to you with his conversion story next time :)
 It was simply amazing and I know this church is true and that we have the happiest message on this planet and there is NOTHING I would rather be doing than this. NOTHING in this world brings more happiness than seeing a family become eternal, nothing makes you happier than seeing people come unto Christ. This church is true. After the true church was taken off the church in Christs time it has been put back on the face of the earth now as the bible said, and it is all part of Gods perfect plan. I'm so grateful that I got to witness someone be baptized by one with the authority of God, and I love this work.
My next letter will be from the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment