Thursday, September 20, 2012

On his way!

And the adventure begins!

Beau left the MTC on Sept 17th. He sent an email letting me know he would be calling, but didn't say when! So all day I had my phone in my hand or right by me! I checked it over and over just in case!! lol! I dropped my phone and half of the screen blacked out, I was freaked out and wondered if I broke it and it wouldn't ring! An hour later at 11:30pm I got the call! All the emotion came out and relief of getting to hear his voice! I was fortunate to talk with him for about an hour. The person on the phone, my son, sounded so much older and wiser! I hadn't talked with him for 2 months, and I swear it seemed longer!! (It was the longest I've gone without talking with him). He seemed excited and happy to begin his service in the Philippines.

He bore his testimony in Tagalog and I couldn't believe how good it was. He told me he and his companion at the MTC only spoke Tagalog together for a week and really learned it well. Besides the 14 hours of classes and studying for 2 months!

He talked to me about his time at the MTC and Sunday to sang a solo in front of the 2,500 other missionaries and leaders. I asked him if it was recorded and he said yes!!!! Now, if he'll just send it!!!
I asked him if he had everything he needed and he said yes! I hope so! Also, I heard it can take 2+ months to get a package, so I told him to think about what he may need and tell me soon, because I'll be sending his Christmas box the end of October!

I can't even tell you how wonderful the call was! Now if I can wait until the first email to let me know he got there alright! It was a long trip. He left Provo, and flew to San Fransisco, where he called me! He had over an hour lay over. Flew to Hong Kong, Manila, then a 3 hour bus ride to Olongapo! It was over 24 hours of traveling. It's 15 hours ahead there, so he almost lost a day!

Aloha,

Elder Kapeliela's mom :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment