Friday, November 2, 2012

Conference Week

Sorry, I am a little behind! I'm trying to catch up on his posts!! Sent Oct 21st.
He writes:
 
 
 I just want to go serve and not have P-day! AH! Anyways! This was our conference week so I feel absolutely inspired! What a difference in this conference! What a growth in me as conference time rolled around. Last year I was in the living room at BYU-Hawaii shirtless doing push-ups with my roommates while the talk was playing on a laptop, opposed to me all dressed up at the church building listening to all 5 sessions and taking notes. All though I didn't grow in muscle I grew a ton in spirit!
 
 
Tell Judy Swenson I found her Filipino look alike, hahaha.
 
 
Someone told me I look like George from George of the Jungle and the actor from the Mummy? haha. I don't think so.
 
I hope you all went to General Conference or at least listened to it because these people here don't eat in order to afford going all the way to Orani. it is expensive yet they do it. I hope you all at least turned the TV on.
 
If you heard the priesthood talk they said they brought the whole priesthood to individual houses for reactivation, we did that before the talk too, haha, and in fact 2 of the people we visited came with us the last time too! The solution to bringing people back to church isn't inside the church, its outside the church.
 
Dad, in conference they said the same thing you said to me 2 weeks ago that no matter what happens, Christ will be on my right hand. Why don't you just give a talk at Conference already! haha
 
People here walk around with m16s and snipers and shot guns, its pretty crazy.
 
I hope you all read your Scriptures and Book of Mormon EVERY DAY, because my investigators are on Alma 30. They started 3 weeks ago. The Tagalog Book of Mormon is WAY bigger AND the translation is like 100 more pages, so don't let my investigators beat you! The 19 yr old girl I taught said "this is everything I ever wanted, and I feel like the mission age changing to 19 was all for me." She's going to serve a mission as soon as she is eligible. wow.
 
I learned a lot of valuable things this conference. LOVE = LOYALTY. Simple as that. It's not just the feelings of love, or saying it, or spending every second, although that is what you do when you are in love it is not love itself. Love, is LOYALTY. Elder Holland brought up a great point. When we die, and God asks you if you love him. Do YOU think you can tell God to his face that you love him? He says, "If you love me, keep my commandments". Love = loyalty. At that moment I thought, I have the SAME calling as Elder Holland. That calling is to testify of Christ. I HAVE the authority to speak with such power with such chastising, and I HAVE the right. So I'm asking you all: Can you say that you love Christ this VERY second? Can you say you loved him this day? He tells us loving him is keeping his commandments. Always ask yourself, every day: Can I tell God that I loved him this day? Hopefully it is yes, everyday. Love = loyalty.

(my companions last P-day)
I love you all!
Elder Kapeliela
 
 The family he taught
A baby praying

No comments:

Post a Comment