Thursday, April 3, 2014

Manigong bagong taon! 1-5-2014


Happy new year!




This was by far the best new years I have ever had. Although last years was kind of fun (our neighbor was shooting his revolver in the air). But this year I was in Olongapo where people have enough money to buy fireworks. Literally, everyone bought the sickest, biggest, and most fireworks I have ever seen. Plus, EVERY single house was BLASTING the latest Beyonce, Katy Perry rap/hip hop songs that just came out literally straight into our windows until 2 am so We could not sleep very well and I can't say we didn't dance a little haha. All the members were feeding us like crazy. But on new years day we didn't go to one members house, we straight up tracked like boss's and invited like, 20 people to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ! We ran into a ton of drunks haha. I'll send some pictures of my feasts. Last Saturday was really hard since we were fasting. We had to deny pineapple, spaghetti, and ice cream. The only hard part about that is that they get mad if you reject their food.


We had a super successful week with the work. The past hasn't been as successful because of the holiday season and a lot of the less actives and investigators went to other cities and stuff. But last Sunday we had a full Elders Quorum and full sacrament room! We also had 6 investigators, 4 of which were a family! They are progressing well!



I have never worked so hard I think in my whole mission than I did last week. We climbed waaay over 2000 stairs and contacted many souls. It feels great and you can feel that joy of being a missionary in your own lives over in the promised land (America). We cannot be exalted unless we share this gospel so share, share, share and get used to it. This is a good habit to obtain.




Elder Kapeliela

No comments:

Post a Comment